I'm a member of the public
If you’re worried about a child, contact us. You don't have to leave your name if you don't want to.
If a child or young person is in immediate danger, call the Police on 999.
If you're worried about the safety or wellbeing of a child, call the children's line on 0345 603 7627. This phone line is open Monday to Thursday 9am to 5:30pm, and Fridays 9am to 4:30pm.
For out of hours or bank holidays, call the emergency duty team on 0345 606 1212.
It's quicker for you to get in touch with us on the phone, but you can fill in our online Request for Support form if you prefer. Help on filling out the form can be found on our examples and guidance page.
You may want to report a concern if you:
- are worried about the safety or wellbeing of a child
- would like to report an incident
- are a child or young person who needs support
Find out more about the different types of abuse.
If you prefer, you can contact the NSPCC to report your concern.
You can also report abuse of an adult, by getting in touch.
Other organisations that can help
If your concern relates to:
- parental seperation or child contact, visit CAFCASS.gov.uk
- housing, contact your local housing department or shelter.org.uk
- benefits or finances, contact citizensadvice.org.uk
- your child's development, view essexfamilywellbeing.co.uk
Request information about a child
To request information that we hold about someone you hold legal responsibility for, visit our request information page.Print this page