Coronavirus support for carers
Information, support and guidance for carers during coronavirus (COVID-19).
Verifying yourself as a carer
If you’re a carer that’s registered with us or our partners Action for Family Carers or Carers First, we have sent you a letter.
This letter identifies you as a carer and is for you to use with retailers and others should you need it.
Social care support
If you have a question about care packages, emergency plans or social care needs for those you support, contact us.
Get guidance and support
GOV.UK has guidance on caring for friends or family during the virus outbreak and what to do if you or the person you care for has symptoms.
There are a number of organisations that can help you, including:
- Essex Wellbeing Service – can help people unable to access the support they need at this time
- Carers First – provide telephone and online support, wellbeing checks and help you coordinate the support you need
- Action for Family Carers – provide support including telephone befriending and health and wellbeing
- Essex Carers Support – provide a local point of support for carers in North Essex
- Essex Carers Network - email firstname.lastname@example.org for support for carers of a family member with a learning disability
- Learning Disability England – provide information and resources about the virus and what you can to do to stay safe and well
- Carers UK – offer advice to carers
The Essex Coronavirus Action Support Facebook page is a space for Essex residents to connect and discuss a variety of issues.
If you need to explain about the the current situation to those you support, you can download 4 books from Books Beyond Words.
Support for young carers
If you’re a young carer, we will continue to support you throughout this period.
Our key workers will carry out casework and assessments where possible by using digital means, such as by phone or Skype. This will be in agreement with you and your family.
If you need to refer a young carer, visit Essex Youth Service to complete our online referral form.Print this page